Adelicia and Joseph Acklen built Belmont Mansion in the Italian Villa style in 1853
as a country estate and summer retreat from their Louisiana plantations.
There they raised their family in Adelicia's native Nashville until
December 1864 when the 4th Corps of the Union Army
occupied the house and grounds before the Battle of Nashville.
A majority of rooms in Belmont Mansion have been meticulously restored, complete with original and period furniture, artwork and statuary.
Located in the heart of Nashville on the Belmont University Campus
GPS Address: Corner of Acklen Avenue & Belmont Blvd
Nashville, TN 37212