"AA" China Set
French Porcelain (Old Paris)
Year: ca. 1866
Tazze 2014.05.100 & 101 EL
Chocolate Cups 2014.05.39 a-d EL
Compote (H. 5 ½”) 2014.05.26 EL
Platter 1/5 "AA"
Dinner plate 2014.05.64 EL
All items from the Mr. and Mrs. Franck H. Kaiser, Sr. Collection
Adelicia purchased this large set (over 500 pieces) of monogrammed formal china serving 24 plus people, during her Grand Tour in 1865 through 1866. The Escalier de Cristal, located in the Palace Royal Paris was the premiere retailer of tableware in nineteenth century France. The Palace Royal was built in 1629 and surrounded the Tuileries on three sides. In the 1840s the galleries became a very popular location for shops and cafes. The Escalier De Cristal (The Crystal Staircase) was begun in 1802 by Madame Marie Jeanne Rosalie De’sarnaud. In 1854 the firm was owned by Lachoche-Pannier. In 1890 ownership changed again continued in business into the early twentieth century. They also sold bronzes, decorative accessories and later furniture.